Day of the Dead – Sugarskull Artefact

 This skull was made out of plaster using a latex and modrock mould. It is inspired by Day of the Dead Sugar Skulls. I used superglue to glue all of the beads on and it has a few layers of shellac on top to make it look more aged and golden-brown. The pattern was pretty much made up on the spot but I used classic Sugar Skull patterns as a reference.

DSC_0955 DSC_0961  DSC_0957 DSC_0959  DSC_0964 DSC_0966 DSC_0952DSC_0978DSC_0974 Please excuse the quality of the photographs as they were done in my room using the back side of a poster and a lamp. I wanted to take some nice(ish) photos the way it is now as, even though I like the way the beads only cover some of the skull to look like a sort of mask/helmet, I may end up covering the entire thing.

Advertisements

One thought on “Day of the Dead – Sugarskull Artefact

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s